Update - For information on Public transport changes in response to coronavirus, please visit the Public transport changes in response to coronavirus page
Adelaide Metro offers group bookings and charter services.
To make a group booking, the following is required:
- Minimum 10 working days notice
- Travel between 9.30am and 3.00pm Monday to Friday
- Date and scheduled service time - view timetables
- Boarding and alighting locations
- Route number / name
- Up to 25 passengers per bus booking
- Up to 50 passengers per train / tram booking
- Purchase of a fare*
To make a booking use our online booking form.
Bookings are unconfirmed until approval is given by Adelaide Metro.
Primary school group free travel
* Primary school students and a maximum of four adults can travel free between 9.30am and 3.00pm Monday to Friday including school holidays.
A group travel pass is required for primary school groups to travel for free. This needs to be arranged prior to travel by Adelaide Metro via the group booking email. A letter with the school's letterhead must be attached to the email.
Travel with a group ticket
If you have a large group it’s best to travel with a group ticket.
Group tickets can be purchased from:
If a group does not have a pre-approved group ticket, the group may be required to pay for their fare at the time of travel or a later date.
Groups should be ready to travel 10 minutes before the service leaves.
To avoid delays, please have everybody ready to go at the same time.
Contact details for bus depots
- Dutton Road, Mt Barker SA 5251 | Phone: 8339 7544
- 300–308 Mt Barker Road, Aldgate SA 5154 | Phone: 8339 7544
- 71 Richmond Road, Mile End 5031 | Phone: 8292 8100
- 224 Port Road, Port Adelaide SA 5015 | Phone: 8444 2200
- Corner of Papagni & Meredith Streets, Newton SA 5074 | Phone: 8366 8300
- 171 Morphett Road, Morphettville SA 5043 | Phone: 8377 6400
- 1146 North East Road, St Agnes SA 5097 | Phone: 8203 6700
- 50 Ridgeway Road, Edinburgh North SA 5113 | Phone: 8282 7900
- 21 Krawarri Street, Lonsdale SA 5160 | Phone: 7260 0100
Bus depots can also sell MetroTickets (including Group tickets) as well as sell and recharge metroCARDs. Please contact the depot for information on available payment methods.
Major infrastructure projects
For more information about the latest public transport infrastructure projects, visit the Infrastructure page of the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure website.
A program for safer, greener and more active travel for South Australian primary schools and their communities.
For more information visit the Way2Go page of the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure website.
Resources designed for Year 8 and 9 teachers to provide strong, relevant learning opportunities about decision making for safer, greener, more active travel.
Find out more at the Community Programs page of the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure website.