Fare Changes 2020
When: Sunday 5 July 2020
From Sunday, 5 July 2020 new fares will apply for all Adelaide Metro bus, train and tram services:
- As with previous years, bus, train and tram fares will increase by approximately 2% in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- Options are available for regular passengers to save by using a metroCARD 28-Day or 14-Day pass, as well as Regular, Concession, Student or Senior fares.
On this page you can find information on:
- New fare prices
- Buying a metroCARD
- Great travel options
New fare prices
|Fare Type||Singletrip (Peak)||Singletrip (Interpeak)||Daytrip|
|Weekdays before 9.01am and after 3pm. All Day Saturday||Weekdays between 9.01am and 3pm. All day Sunday and SA public holidays||Valid from first validation until 4.30am the following day|
|Concession and tertiary student|
|Primary and secondary student|
|Seniors Card holders*|
* South Australian Seniors Card holders travel free on all Adelaide Metro public transport services at the following times: Monday to Friday, Midnight to 7.00am, 9.01am to 3.00pm, 7.01pm to Midnight. All day Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. At all other times a concession fare is required.
|metroCARD 28 Day Pass|
|Concession and tertiary student||$51.50|
|Primary and secondary student||$25.50|
|metroCARD 14 Day Pass|
|Concession and tertiary student||$31.00|
|Primary and secondary student||$15.50|
MetroTickets are not available for purchase on board bus services as driver do not carry cash. MetroTickets can be purchased from vending machines on all trains and trams and at many interchanges.
Buying a metroCARD
When first purchasing a metroCARD, you need to pay for the card and add a minimum of $5 value to the card.
- New Regular metroCARD • $5.00 (with an additional minimum recharge of $5.00 required).
- New Concession and Student metroCARD • $3.50 (with an additional minimum recharge of $5.00 required).
You can buy metroCARDs online, from vending machines on trains and trams or from metroCARD retailers across metropolitan Adelaide.
Great travel options
- Passengers are reminded that the 28-Day pass and 14-Day pass continue to provide great value-for-money travel options on all bus, train and tram services.
- On weekends, school holidays and South Australian public holidays, two children under 15 years of age can travel free when accompanied by an adult using a Daytrip MetroTicket.
- South Australian Seniors Card holders can also travel free on all Adelaide Metro public transport services at the following times: * Monday to Friday, Midnight to 7.00am, 9.01am to 3.00pm, 7.01pm to Midnight. All day Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. At all other times a concession fare is required.