Gawler rail line closures
When: From Monday 13 July 2020
Affecting: GAW, GAWC, SALIS
A range of closures are taking place across the Gawler rail line for works on the Gawler Rail Electrification project.
These closures range from partial service closures to full line closures, as well as late night or ongoing closures - with substitute buses in place.
Check back often, as this page will be updated with upcoming closures as the information becomes available.
Below you will find information on:
- Location: The Gawler line will be closed between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange.
- When: From first service, Sunday, 5 July to last service, Sunday, 19 July 2020.
- Passenger services: Train services will operate between Salisbury Interchange and Gawler Central station. Substitute buses will be in place to transport passengers between Salisbury Interchange and Adelaide Railway Station.
During this July school holidays partial line closure, there will also be a full line closure (Adelaide to Gawler Central) on Sunday 12 July 2020.
Route and bus stops
- The Substitute Bus (GA1) will operate as closely as possible to the train timetable for the duration of the closure.
- The substitute bus stops will be positioned as close to the Gawler line railway stations as practicable. These stations are outlined in the timetables below.
- Please note due to a current construction project in Smithfield Plains, the GA1 bus will detour slightly along Curtis Road, Samuel Street and Anderson Walk. No substitute bus stops will be missed.
Sunday 5, Saturday 11, Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 July
- Sunday 12 July will be a full line closure
- All timetabled bus substitute services are accessible for all customers, including the elderly, customers with a disability and those travelling with prams.
- Bicycles are not permitted on bus substitute services.
Trains will then resume their services Monday morning, 20 July 2020.
For further information on the Gawler Rail Electrification project, please contact the following: