New Flinders Railway Line
When: From Tuesday 29 December 2020
The new Flinders train line is a 650-metre extension of the current Tonsley rail line including an elevated single track over Sturt Road, Laffers Triangle and Main South Road, linking Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University to the passenger rail network.
The new Flinders train line and new Tonsley and Flinders Railway Stations opened for passenger services from first service Tuesday 29 December, and is now operating under an enhanced timetable, developed after extensive consultation.
Features of the new line and stations will include:
- services until late on weeknights
- a 20-minute frequency during peak times on weekdays
- a 30-minute frequency at all other times.
- better station access through Shared Use Paths and Activated Pedestrian Crossings
- new station locations providing increased access for more residents
- improved safety, security and customer satisfaction amenities.
Below you will find information about:
- New Tonsley Railway Station
- New Seaford & Flinders train timetable
- Clovelly Park Station closure
- Alawoona level crossing open
- Stay Switched On
The new Tonsley Railway Station opened as part of the new Flinders train line from first service Tuesday 29 December 2020.
The Tonsley Railway Station replaced the decommissioned Clovelly Park Station.
The station will have information displays and accessible messaging providing real time train timetable information.
The new Tonsley Station is adjacent the Tonsley Innovation District.
The new Seaford & Flinders timetable (PDF 1.3MB) is effective from Tuesday 29 December 2020.
The Clovelly Park Station is permanently closed.
Trains now operate to the new Tonsley Station just south of Alawoona Avenue.
The level crossing at Alawoona Avenue has returned to operation.
Remember to take care around electric rail.